Electrical & Instrumentation
Rotary Electrical & Instrumentation Pte Ltd (“REI”), a subsidiary of the Rotary Group of Companies, is well established as an Electrical & Instrumentation Construction Company offering comprehensive Integrated Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Maintenance solutions serving clients in the Oil & Gas, Petroleum, Petrochemical & Pharmaceutical industries.
We specializes in Electrical & Instrumentation Works, Process Control System ("PCS"), Extra Low Voltage ("ELV") System, HVAC/ACMV Systems, Analyzer Houses & Systems Integration and the related works.
Click here to view our Value Added Services
We strive for excellence in QHSE and have consistently achieved the Gold Awards(from 2011 till 2014), Gold Medal Award (from 2015 till 2019), and President's Award in 2020 from The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents ("RoSPA") and Workplace Safety & Health Performance Awards since 2011. We have also achieved Workplace Safety & Health SHARP Award Recognition for Afton Lion Project in 2016.
We are a BCA Registered Contractor and Qualified Electrical Contractor of ACES/IES. On top of that, we have also achieved recognization from our clients. This is a partial list of certifications and awards that we had received across the years.
Being committed to Safety, Quality & Productivity, we are ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 certified.
Engineering Capabilities for E&I:
Being the region’s leading EPC & Maintenance Services Company, our engineers & designers are professionals with practical experience in excess of 10 years in the Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering field.
With the support by our design centres in Thailand, India & Singapore, as well as a 3D modeling centre in India, Rotary’s Engineering Department lays the foundation for every project that bears the quality & safety standards of the company.
Our Engineering Department is equipped with leading engineering design software in the market & adopts the use of the SmartPlant suite of products for EDMS, 3D modelling, ETAP & many other design works.
Key Engineering Services include:
- Electrical System Basic & Detail Design (up to 66Kv)
- 3D Modeling
- ELV Systems for CCTV, Building Security Access, PAGA & Intrusion Detection Systems
- SCADA/PLC/Distributed Control System
- Process Control Instrumentation & Metering Skids
- Process Analysers, Analysers Shelter and Integration
- Fire and Gas Systems & ACMV Systems
Procurement Capabilities for E&I:
Our depth of presence in the industry over the years has meant that we have built up a vast global network of trusted suppliers. As a result, you will benefit from the cost savings that we enjoy through bulk procurement. And because we only deal with the best, you can be assured that our networks and supplies will arrive on time.
Moreover, we use our integrated procurement system, SmartPlant Materials, to track and manage materials from requisition to receipt, and to installation on site. With the use of the SAP solutions, Rotary is able to collaborate more closely with our clients, partners & suppliers, and to effectively manage all our work processes.
Key Procurement Services include:
- Contract Negotiation with Vendors
- Procurement of Equipment and Materials
- Purchasing and Expediting of Materials
- Inspection Services (FAT & Site Inspections)
- Material Control and Warehousing
- Logistics Support Services
Construction Capabilities for E&I:
REI provides full spectrum of electrical services required by multinational companies in the petroleum, petrochemical and oil & gas (onshore & offshore) industries.
Our large & global pool of skilled craftsmen and specialists combine their skills to deliver the complete suite of electrical construction & installation works.
Key Electrical Services include:
- Earthing and Lightning Protection System
- Lighting System
- Electrical Sub-station (up to 66KV) and Motor Control Center
- HV & LV Cable Installation and Termination
- Power Transformer Installation (up to 66KV)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply and Emergency Standby Support System
- MV Motor Installation (11KV, 2750KW)
- Cathodic Protection System Installation
- Electrical Heat Tracing
Our team of engineers specialise in delivering exceptional quality instrumentation works to a diverse clientele of multinational companies in the petroleum, petrochemical and oil & gas (onshore & offshore) industries.
We have earned the distinctive reputation of being a reliable and trustworthy partner in the industry with an excellent track record.
Key Instrumentation Services include:
- Installation of Remote Instrument Enclosures
- Integration of Analyzers in Shelters
- Installation of SCADA/PLC/DCS Systems
- Process Control Field Instruments
- Metering Skids & Gas Detection Systems Installation
- Fire Alarm and Fire Control Installation
- Telecommunication and Access Control Systems
- CCTV, PAGA and Intrusion Detection Systems
Maintenance Services for E&I:
Our expert team will oversee maintenance planning and scheduling that meet the needs of our customers. This includes regular scheduled maintenance or predictive and preventive maintenance to extend the life of your plant; turnaround and shutdown maintenance as required; and even daily facilities maintenance.
Electrical Maintenance Services:
- Transformer (22/0.433KV, 22/6.6KV & 6.6/0.433KV)
- HV/MV Switchgear & LT Switch Board
- Standby Diesel Generator & MV/LV Motor
- Upgrade Lighting, Floodlight & Street Light to Energy Saver/LED
- Earthing Testing, Heat Tracing Systems
- AC/DC/VLF Hi-Pot Test & Shutdown Services for: RMU, Transformer, Generator, Switch Gear and Switchboard
Instrumentation & ELV Maintenance Services:
- DCS & PLC Systems
- Security Card Access Preventive Maintenance
- CCTV Preventive Maintenance
- Fence Intrusion System Preventive Maintenance
- PAGA Preventive Maintenance
- Communication Systems & Fire Alarm Systems
- Actuator and Control Valve
- Field Instrument Calibration
- Field Instrument Service & Installation
HVAC Maintenance Program:
- Fan Coil Servicing
- AHU Servicing plus Air Filter Replacement
- Chemical Cleaning where Required
- Condensing Unit Servicing
- Ad-hoc breakdown Maintenance
Rotary has a total of 6 fabrication workshops spanning across key regions in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, strategically align with our group’s direction for the support of our multinational projects with our unique execution plans. Apart from providing fabrication support to our EPCM services in these regions, our workshops are fully equipped with capabilities to support fabrication projects as required by our clients worldwide.
Occupying a combined total area of more than 30 hectares, these 6 workshops are capable of fabricating more than 1.2 million DB of piping, 9,000 tonnes of structural steel, and 42,000 tonnes of plates rolling per year.
Click here to view Our Fabrication Services
The following shows the in-house facilities related to Electrical & Instrumentation at our Singapore, Tuas Facilities.
- Electrical & Instrumentation Prefabrication Facilities
- Staging Facilities for Electrical Distribution Panels, DCS/PLC System Cabinets & Telecom & Security System Cabinets
- ELV System Cabinets for FAT Facilities, FAT Facilities for PCS Systems, FAT Facilities for ELV Systems
- Calibration Facilities
- Training Facilities for Skill Training & E-Learning Room
REI has a stand-alone strong & dedicated group of highly skilled engineers and technicians whom specialise in bringing together various different components of subsystems together as one and ensuring that all such subsystems function seamlessly.
With our team of specialists, REI is capable to design & execute very high standard of System Integration Works for Telecommunication & Security Systems (experienced with designing 10G Fibre Optic structured cabling system). In addition, REI has the experience to engineer & design the integration of various PAGA, HVAC, Fire Alarm and Suppression Systems so that they are properly interfaced.
Such integrated control system is fully designed, supplied, installed and with a full scale testing with simulation of the actual site conditions, it is able to perform to full functionality in all systems and interfaces.
Truck Loading System
REI has an independent team of specialist in executing EPC works for Truck Loading System. Dependent on our clients’ requirements, REI is capable to design the loading facility to have multiple loading arms with meters, set or stop valves, mini-pack additive injectors & product pumps.
The system can be controlled & monitored by either a local controller or remote controller. In general, our customised design can includes spill containment, a storm water system, pumps & piping, a suitable fire protection system, computer interface to existing control system, a security video surveillance & card access system.
REI modular substation design can be customised to be totally enclosed and be protected against external weather; therefore making it highly suitable for outdoor use. Our design can also be blast resistant so that it can be used in Refinery. The structure is fully sealed with panels manufactured from 2.5 mm thick steel plate reinforced as appropriate.
The transformer is installed into a totally separate section accessible through independent outside end doors. A removable roof section above the transformer allows lifting by crane if required. Access to the LV switchboard panels is through personnel doors at the side of the container. All substation doors are mounted with steel hinges. All bolts, screws and mechanical devices have anti-corrosion treatment.
Being the industrial leader in Electrical & Instrumentation works for decades, REI has also grown progressively to expand our capabilities to include Value Added Services to become a technology driven solution provider for clients.
Our Value Added Services include:
Process Control Systems (PCS)
Offering system engineering & design services, product installation & integration services, and testing & commissioning services in the Process Control Systems (PCS), REI has a long history providing PCS solutions in the fields of bulk storage terminals, offsite and utilities, refineries, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- DCS/PLC Programming
- SCADA/HMI Development
- Panel Integration and Relay Logic (RL)
- Safety Integrated System (SIS)
- Tank Gauging System (TGS)
- Terminal Automation System (TAS)
- Site Commissioning and Service Report
- Products Handled (Rockwell, Siemens, Hollysys, Yokogawa, Honeywell and E & H)
Extra Low Voltage Systems (ELV)
Offering system engineering & design services, product installation & integration services and testing & commissioning services in the Extra Low Voltage (ELV) Systems to the petroleum, petrochemical, oil & gas, and pharmaceutical industries.
ELV System Services:
- Security Access Control System (SACS)
- Telephone & LAN Systems
- Public Address & General Alarm System (PAGA)
- Surveillance System (CCTV)
- Trunk Radio System (TRS)
- Fence Intrusion Detection System (FIDS)
- Master Clock System (MCS)
Offering engineering design, manufacturing, installation, supervision, testing & commissioning services of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) systems or air conditioning & mechanical ventilation (ACMV) to the industrial, commercial, petroleum, petrochemical, oil & gas and pharmaceutical industries.
HVAC Systems Services:
- Complete HVAC Turnkey Project
- System Design (Air-Cooled/Water-Cooled)
- System Schematics
- Complete Steel Work Fabrication & Installation of Ventilation
- Equipment Selection
- Heat Load Calculation & Analysis
- Electrical Load Calculation & Layouts
- Local Codes Compliance
- Green Mark Study
- Multi-Split/Single-Split Systems
- Air Handling Units
- Space Saving, Energy Efficiency & Low Operating Cost
Analyzer Houses & Systems Integration
Full integration solution provider for Analyzer Systems from design to kick-off of operations and start-up activities. With our dedicated staffs and specialists, REI is able to provide detailed design of complete analyzer systems customized to meet the needs of the customers.
Analyzer Shelter Services:
- Selection of Analyzer Housing
- Shelters Suitable for Zone 2 Area
- Natural Ventilation Calculations
- Forced Ventilation Calculations
- HAZOP/IEC Safety Study on Complete Analyzer Shelter
- PLC Based Shelter Control System
Analyzer System Services:
- Physical Property Analyzers
- On-Line CFR Engine Analyzer
- Moisture Analyzer for Hydrocarbons
- Gas Chromatographs (Liquid & Gas)
- Sample Conditioning/Recovery System Calculations
- Determination of Sample Probe Lengths
- DOPAK Sampling System
- On-Line Validation System
Prefab Substation & Instrument Enclosure
Offering design, calculations, manufacturing, inspection, testing, delivery and installation of Prefabricated Substations, and complete with all equipment, lighting and small power systems, HVAC, earthing & lightning protection, fire detection & other protection systems in order to suit customers’ requirements.
Prefab Substations Services:
- Delivery and Installation
- Document Submission to Authorities
- Structural Design and Calculations
- Electrical, HVAC, ELV & Instrument System Design & Equipment Selection
- Complete Fabrication & Assembly Works
- Integration of Electrical, HVAC, ELV (CCTV, PAGA, ACS, Telephone System & Trunk or Non-Trunk Radio System) & Instrumentation Systems
Testing and Commissioning
Our dedicated independent and experienced team, comprising of Engineers, Technicians, Superintendents and Supervisors are well versed in assisting plant owners to plan and check all details of the Electrical & Instrumentation works prior to execution of all of the Testing & Commissioning works, which resulted in a smoother and efficient process of our Testing & Commissioning works
Testing & Commissioning Services
- Transformer Testing
- Electrical Testing & Inspection
- Switchgear (HV & LV) and MCC Testing
- UPS System, Battery/ Charger Testing
- Field Instrument Testing & Inspection
- Process Loop Testing
- Testing & Commissioning of DCS, SCADA System
- Tank Gauging System